Skip to content Sitemap

Tenant FAQs

  • Q: Do I have to replace burned out light bulbs?

    A: Yes, when you move in they are all working and you must replace them with the correct wattage when they burn out. They must also be working when you move out.

  • Q: Do I need renters insurance?

    A: Yes, renter insurance is required. It protects you the tenant from theft, water and fire damage and liability issues caused by you and your guest’s negligence. The owner and property management company and it’s agents will not be liable or responsible for loss or damage to property belonging to tenants or their guests.

  • Q: Do I replace smoke alarm and CO detector batteries?

    A: Yes, they are all checked at move-in time and are in working condition. You must check detectors regularly and replace batteries when needed. Report non-functioning smoke and CO detectors immediately.

  • Q: Does your office have an after hours drop box?

    A: No, we don’t. If you need to drop off rent or any other paperwork you’ll need to come during our normal business hours.

  • Q: I did not have a pet when I moved in; may I have a pet now?

    A: First, email us of your request for a pet. Do not move a pet into the property without permission. We will contact the owner and submit your request. If the owner does allow the pet, an increased security deposit will be required and a pet addendum must be signed.

  • Q: I hear freezing weather is on its way, what can I do to prevent broken pipes?


    • Let cold water trickle from your faucets during the evening when the temperature is the coldest.
    • Disconnect all garden hoses.
    • Install exterior insulated faucet jacket to protect your outdoor faucets, as well as the connecting lines running into the home.
    • Keep the temperature in your home above 55 degrees and open cabinet doors under sinks. Make sure all heat vents are open in all rooms.
    • Close crawl space vents and keep garage closed.

    If disaster happens and your pipes freeze, burst or crack, do the following.

    • Turn off water at the main shut off valve to prevent water damage as the ice melts.
    • Leave faucets on in order to relieve pressure as the ice melts.
    • Call us immediately so we can address the problem.
  • Q: When I move out, what do I need to do to receive my full security deposit back?

    A: We advise that you remove all personal belongings and clean the house thoroughly including floors, walls, trim, windows, bathrooms, counters, cabinets, appliances. All carpets should be professionally cleaned. If you are responsible for lawn maintenance, then the grass needs to be mowed and all beds should be free of weeds.